Cheryl, could you please say prayer for us today.
Today, we will be starting “S”ocial aspect of spies. Please copy down this note: Social
Next, you will complete parts one and two of How do I get along with others. When you get to part two, the reading and questions is with your teacher. Please ask for it.
This is all to be completed for homework.
Please have Adam select a prayer to read to the class
Go to the the following powerpoint and complete activities. You do not need to fill in notes. You are just doing the star sections. What Do I Believe – Creeds
You will work on your Creed today and tomorrow. Please use the paper provided for you for your good copy.
Here is the answer sheet to “What is Prayer”
Here are the power point presentations for fitness and health. Remember that your quest will be on Tuesday, March 29.
Skating begins the Monday after March break – bring skates and a helmet!
HCC Fitness Notes Female
nutrition pp lesson 1
grade 10 body image
Here is the outline for today:
PRAYER CHANGES EVERYTHING
It is impossible to get close to Jesus and stay close to him without developing an intimate daily conversation with him. This conversation has two main parts: scheduled prayer and spontaneous prayer.
Each day we need a time that is set aside exclusively for prayer. This focused time of prayer each day, when we step away from the world to speak with God, is indispensable. We simply cannot grow spiritually without a consistent and persistent effort to pray; the Christian life is simply not sustainable without it.
More than anything else, The Prayer Process is designed to facilitate an intimate conversation with God about not only the things that are happening in your life, but also the things that are happening deep in your heart and soul—and to discern God’s will for our lives.
Prayer is not the place for trivial conversation that avoids all the real issues. It is the place to get into everything that brings us high and low, to explore our hopes and dreams, our fears and concerns, our light and our dark sides, and our deepest desires. Prayer is not the place to hold back.
The Prayer Process
- Gratitude: Begin by thanking God in a personal dialogue for whatever you are most grateful for today.
- Awareness: Revisit the times in the past twenty-four hours when you were and were not the-best-version-of-yourself ®. Talk to God about these situations and what you learned from them.
- Significant Moments: Identify something you experienced today and explore what God might be trying to say to you through that event (or person).
- Peace: Ask God to forgive you for any wrong you have committed (against yourself, another person, or him) and to fill you with a deep and abiding peace.
- Freedom: Speak with God about how he is inviting you to change your life, so that you can experience the freedom to be the-best-version-of-yourself.
- Others: Lift up to God anyone you feel called to pray for today, asking God to bless and guide them.
- Finish by praying the Our Father.
Focus: Are you making spiritual progress? Create a prayer that focuses on one or two of the Prayer Processes listed above.
Act: Set aside time to go through The Prayer Process today.
Pray: Jesus, fill me with the grace to set aside a few minutes each day to spend just chatting with you.
- Complete Literary Forms activity. Take answers up when finished.
- Hand out Bible Trivia. Take answers up to puzzles when finished.
- Read Reconciliation sheets and be ready for the Confession Process tomorrow.
Here is your outline for today
Lent Reflection: Beyond Tweaking
GOD HAS A MIGHTY, AWESOME, WONDERFUL TRANSFORMATION IN MIND FOR YOU.
We pray for tweaking—and then we wonder why God doesn’t answer our prayers. The reason is simple: God is not in the business of tweaking. He’s in the business of transformation.
The other sad, tragic, miserable truth is that most of us have never prayed a prayer of transformation—not even once in our lives. Most of us have never come before God and prayed:
Here I am.
I trust that you have an incredible plan for me.
Transform me. Transform my life.
Everything is on the table.
Take what you want to take and give what you want to give.
Transform me into the person you created me to be,
so I can live the life you envision for me.
I hold nothing back;
I am 100 percent available.
How can I help?
If you want to see miracles, pray that prayer. If you want to see and experience miracles in your own life, pray a wholehearted prayer of transformation. That’s a prayer God will answer. God always answers a prayer of transformation. Never once in the history of the world has God not answered a sincere prayer of transformation.
So what’s it going to be: More tweaking or are you ready for transformation?
FOCUS: What will be the hardest thing about letting God transform you and your life? Please complete this in your journals
Unit 2 starts: Scripture & Prayer
- Bible Scavenger Hunt – getting to know your table of contents (20 Minutes). Take up Afterwards.
- Background to Scripture & What should we Believe Note: Background to Scripture Please copy.
- Locating Scriptural Passages – please read and complete activity